Sick-day movies are those movies you need to watch when you’re curled up under a blanket, drinking chicken soup, and going through Kleenex like it’s going out of style. The movies you’ve seen so many times that it’s ok if you doze off a little bit. The movies that make you the happiest. Everyone has their sick-day movie. My Mom’s sick-day movie is Cry-Baby (or anything with Johnny Depp, really). Mike‘s is Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Mine happens to be A League of Their Own.
I thought it’d be appropriate to write about the best sick-day movies ever since two of the MovieSnobs were in a minor car accident this week, and my Mom has a vicious cold. Other than A League of Their Own, here are the best sick-day movies ever, and why:
1. The Princess Bride - The Fire Swap, rodents of unusual size, “As you wish,” and “Have fun storming the castle!” Not to mention “My name is Inigo Montoya…You killed my father…Prepare to die.”
2. Dogma – Ben Affleck & Matt Damon as angels, Chris Rock as the 13th Apostle, Alan Rickman as the voice of God, and Jason Lee as a demon.
3. ET - Come on…it’s ET. Eliot, ET phone home, Drew Barrymore as Gertie, ET dressed as a ghost, and Reese’s Pieces.
4. The Goonies – The Truffle Shuffle, “booty” traps, “Hey you guys….”, and One-Eyed Willie.
5. The Breakfast Club – a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess, and a criminal
6. The Sandlot – Smalls, the Great Bambino, “For-ev-er,” the Beast, and Wendy Peffercorn.
Did I miss your favorite? Add it in the comments.
Share This Post