We’re getting into the superhero movie season this year. Iron Man just blew away the box office competition. The Dark Knight trailer and viral marketing program are burning up the internet. The Incredible Hulk comes out in about a month.
Last month’s most popular items have some old favorites (#1) and some new ones (#4). They are:
- The Prestige Explained – Mike’s detailed explanation of the mysterious movie The Prestige jumps back into the number one spot on our list as our readers debate with Mike over the twins/clones issue.
- New Hitman Images – People just can’t get enough of Timothy Olyphant as Agent 47. It must be the bald head.
- 40 Hottest Women Over 40 – Unsurprisingly, Mike’s list of the 40 hottest actresses, singers, and others over 40 made the list again. I’d like to think it’s the article, but it’s definitely the pictures of hot chicks.
- Leaked Joker Images – Some semi-spoilerish images of The Joker appeared online, but were quickly removed at the request of Warner Bros. And by request I mean threats of a ceast & desist.
- Unofficial Cloverfield Soundtrack Available – The April 22nd release of Cloverfield on DVD had people looking for the soundtrack, which is still unavailable. This listing of the songs from Rob’s party is the closest you’ll get.
- Snobbies Matches – After announcing the winners of the 2008 Snobbies Awards (our own movie awards), we offered voters the chance to see how many they matched up with on the Snobbies Matches page. If you voted, just enter your email address and you’ll see how your votes compare with the winners.
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall Review – Jason Segel’s directorial debut includes several nude scenes…starring Jason Segel. It also stars muppets, Kristen Bell, Mila Kunis, and Hawaii.
- D-Wars Sequel Already? – Inexplicably people are still looking for information about D-Wars, the really bad dragon movie from last year.
- The Dark Knight Viral Marketing – As The Joker kicked off his new scavenger hunt on April Fool’s Day, April was a hot month for Dark Knight news. Between bowling balls and Jokerized trailers, we almost forgot there was a new trailer in the works.
- The Prestige Review – In a nice bit of symmetry, The Prestige review closes our list, most likely thanks to traffic sent from the #1 item on our list.
Stay tuned this month for new reviews, more Dark Knight info, and Christine’s answer to Mike’s 40 Hottest Women Over 40 list.
- May 5, 2008
- 40 hottest, Cloverfield, dragon wars, forgetting sarah marshall, hitman, Snobbies, The Dark Knight, the joker, The Prestige, viral marketing