We have taken a look at the hundreds of reviews on MovieSnobs to determine what Halloween-type movies were the absolute best, and which ones were the absolute worst.
First, the best…
The only horror/thriller/remotely scary movie that received a five-star review was 1408, starring John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson. It was one of the best adaptations of a Stephen King work ever.
Our four-and-a-half-star scary movie reviews:
- The Descent – one of the scariest movies I’ve ever seen.
- Saw II – the first sequel that launched the Saw franchise. It starred Donnie Wahlberg and Tobin Bell.
- Saw III – An intimate look into the mind of Jigsaw and his accomplice Amanda.
- Resident Evil: Extinction – the third in the Resident Evil series. Milla Jovovich kicks more zombie ass, this time with Ali Larter by her side.
Our four-star scary movie reviews:
- Saw IV – The latest in the Saw series proved to be bloodier, more gruesome, and yet somehow gave us insight into one of the most fascinating fictional characters created. Granted, he’s a serial killer, but he’s still fascinating.
- Resident Evil: Apocalypse – The second in the Resident Evil series was more of Milla Jovovich kicking zombie ass. That’s pretty much it.
- Hostel II – A sequel to Eli Roth’s movie Hostel that launched the term “torture-porn.” Ewww.
- Cursed – A weirdo werewolf flick starring Christina Ricci and Judy Greer.
The following movies were so bad they don’t even deserve explanation. Notice, however, that most of the bad horror movies are remakes…
Our one-star horror movie reviews:
Our half-star horror movie reviews:
Our zero-star horror movie reviews are:
Whatever you decide to watch this Halloween, enjoy lots of candy and remember that the boogeyman can’t get you if you cover your eyes.
Share This Post