I apologize for those who tried to visit the site earlier today. We had to take it down while we did some revamping of things. Hopefully it was worth it.
For those that are new visitors, it won’t matter much, but those who’ve visited before obviously notice the biggest chance: the design.
I’ve been working on redesigning the site for months now. We wanted something different, but we all loved the way the site looked (for the most part), so I kept the new design very similar, just with some layout changes and whatnot.
Some not so noticeable changes:
- Everything should load faster now; We’re doing some behind the scenes work when pages are loaded to make them load faster.
- Threaded comments; You can now respond directly to a comment, and have a “conversation” in the comments sections on news articles.
- Mailing list; We’re starting the e-mail list anew, thus you’ll want to sign up in the box to the right there. Details can be found here. It should also be noted that when you sign up, you’re automatically entered to win a DVD (standard, or Blu-ray) that we’ll draw monthly.
- The search is more refined now. You should get more of what you were looking for, and less unrelated junk. The search box has also been relocated, it’s now on the top right corner of any page on the site.
- Not new, but we’ve got an RSS feed; You should sign up, seriously. RSS feeds make lives better, it’s a proven fact.
- A new “Now on DVD” box, that gets updated every Tuesday morning. So you’ll know what movies you need to head out to buy when they’re released.
That pretty much covers all the changes. I hope you like them. Any feedback is appreciated, please feel free to comment or e-mail me with your’s.
Share This Post