Lots seems to be going on this week in movie news, so here’s a rundown:
- Angelina Jolie is taking a “year off” from the industry. Correct me if I’m wrong, but has she even done anything decent recently? Her last movie The Good German barely even got noticed.
- Mike Myers is in talks to ressurrect Dr. Evil (Austin Powers’ nemesis) to make a film dedicated solely about him. He (jokingly?) said in a recent interview, that he may be planning on making an entire trilogy of the Austin Powers movies, from Dr. Evil’s point of view.
- Johnny Depp says that he hasn’t quite had enough “Pirates” movies. While not official, he’s mentioned in recent interviews that he would “be interested” in another movie. I’m guessing the paycheck with all those zeros on it helps make the decision for you, eh?
- Tom Sizemore was arrested, again. Surprise. Surprise.
- Robert DeNiro’s being sued. For having cancer. The nerve!
- Anne Heche’s husband says she’s insane, and needs a shrink. Gay. Straight. Gay. Straight. I agree, she needs a shrink. Pronto.
- Carl Wright (Soul Food, Big Momma’s House, Barbershop) passed away.
- Michael Moore’s made another movie. God save us all.
- Orlando Bloom says he has no desire to make another Pirates or Rings movie, in his immediate future. I bet if he were getting Depp-money, he’d have a change of heart.
That’s about all I can find so early in the AM. Check back soon for more updates.
Share This Post