When I first heard about Date Night, I thought “Tina Fey and Steve Carell, together?” and then “Liz Lemon and Michael Scott, together?!” and began giggling like a little girl. Which is funny, because I’m a grown man.
We got news late last night that now Mark Wahlberg and James Franco have joined the cast.
I know, I know. Mark Wahlberg’s ruined every movie he’s been in for the last handful of years. Maybe this is the chance he needs to turn it around. Maybe… comedy?
James Franco’s been very hit or miss the last few years, as well. While I loved him in “Freaks and Geeks”, I didn’t really care for Pineapple Express. Spider-man did well for him, as well.
The cast breakdown is as follows:
- Mark Wahlberg (Four Brothers, The Big Hit): A successful and crazily buff securities expert who flirts with Fey’s character.
- James Franco (Spider-man, Pineapple Express): A not-too-bright conman and petty criminal.
- Leighton Meester (TV’s Gossip Girl): The couple’s babysitter.
- Taraji P. Henson (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button): The one good cop who believes the couple is in danger.
- Common (A rapper): A villain.
- Kristen Wiig (Adventureland, TV’s Saturday Night Live): Fey’s character’s best friend.