In case you can’t get out to the theater to see the new romantic comedies Definitely, Maybe and 27 Dresses, you can get any of the movies below on DVD to watch with your sweetheart, or all alone with a bottle of wine and a box of Godiva.
- Across the Universe – A love story told through the music of The Beatles.
- The Nanny Diaries – Based on the novel, Scarlet Johanssen stars as an Upper East Side nanny that falls for the uptown boy next door (played by Chris Evans).
- License to Wed – A lame movie starring two very talented actors, Mandy Moore and John Krasinksi.
- Lucky You – Yet another Drew Barrymore rom-com.
- Knocked Up – Katherine Heigl and Seth Rogen find themselves together after an unlucky one-night-stand.
- Music and Lyrics – Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant in a romantic comedy – big surprise, yet I loved it.
- Because I Said So – Diane Keaton tortures her daughters, and the audience, throughout this one, although Mandy Moore is a joy.
- Pride and Prejudice – The classic Jane Austen love story starring Keira Knightley.
- Just Friends – Ryan Reynolds in a romantic comedy focusing more on the comedy than the romance.
- Fever Pitch – Drew Barrymore again, this time with Jimmy Fallon in a love story about a boy and his baseball team, and the girl that gets in the way.
- Mr. & Mrs. Smith – Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt in the action movie that launched their own relationship – the chemistry between the two is clear, and the action is awesome.
If you’re really on a Drew Barrymore kick, you can also watch 50 First Dates and The Wedding Singer, both romantic comedies starring Barrymore and Adam Sandler. You could also watch Ever After, Barrymore’s take on Cinderella, or go old school and watch E.T. and enjoy the love between a girl and her alien friend.
The MovieSnobs staff wishes you a very Happy Valentine’s Day!